Get in Touch
People Love Us on Yelp
Join Us on Facebook
Active Therapeutic Movement (ATM)
- Pain elimination during the session
- 50%-100% lasting pain relief and/or increase in pain-free ROM immediately after the session
- Suitable for almost all common Back, Neck, Shoulder, Knee, Pelvis, and Hip pain patients
Scoliosis: What Is It?
Normal spines have 4 natural curves from the side. When looking at the spine from the side, it curves out at the cervical spine (neck), in at the thoracic spine (mid-back), out at the lumbar spine (low back), and slightly in at the sacrum.
When looking at the spine from the back, it should be straight. If it curves to either side, then it’s scoliosis that occurs in approximately 2-4% of population. On an x-ray, the spine of a person with scoliosis looks more like an “S” or a “C” than a straight line.
It can be associated with back pain, neck pain, diminished quality of life, limited activity, decreased respiratory function and lower self-esteem. Scoliosis is more prevalent in girls and is usually detected between 8 and 14 years of age by either a pediatrician or the parents.
Current Medical approach to scoliosis treatment:
0-25 degrees – observation
25-40 degrees – bracing
40+ degrees – surgeryread more
VIZTEK digital x-ray has completely revolutionized how x-ray imaging is done. The benefits from digital x-ray are enormous:
- It’s faster.
- We can view images instantly.
- There’s up to 90 percent less radiation, making the VIZTEK an ideal low-dose solution for applications such as scoliosis evaluation in the pediatric segment.
- We can enhance images in a variety of ways to improve viewing.
- Images can be stored electronically for instant retrieval in the future, if needed.
- We avoid the chemicals used in the traditional developing process.